Monday, February 13, 2012

The Taming of the Shrew

So this play starts out with something that's not even what I expected. Turns out The Taming of the Shrew is a play within a play. Who knew? I didn't.

Well anyways, honestly, I'm not the hugest fan of the play. Mind you, the play is funny and way witty. But the characters, all rude. Like ridiculous. Petruchio, the character who "wins" the heart of Katharina, the shrew...I just don't like him. He's like "let me control Katherina so I can have her wealth." Now I know Katherina is rude also but all the guys are like, "get rid over so we can marry the younger sister, Bianca, because she is beautiful. And even though I don't know anything about her at all, it doesn't matter because she's a babe."
I disapprove, but maybe that's just me.




No comments:

Post a Comment